Thank you for your interest in employment with the City of Alamo Heights. This section of the web site explains the procedures that are required of all employment applicants, and the procedures that will occur after you submit an application.
- Available positions are posted on the web site for viewing.
- Applications for a posted position that are received and meet the required qualifications are accepted. Applications that are not for a posted position are not retained.
- Applicants must complete an Employment Application. Resumes may be included, but applications are required. Qualified applications are forwarded to the hiring authority.
- The hiring authority will determine which applicants meet the criterion for the vacant position, and will then contact the applicants to arrange for an interview.
- For applicants that are interviewed and are being considered for employment, the following will be done:
- Job reference checks will be completed. Applicants will not be approved for hire without the appropriate work references.
- Criminal background checks will be conducted.
- Driver’s license checks will be conducted for all driving positions.
- Following a conditional offer of employment, the applicant must be examined by a licensed physician as selected by the City of Alamo Heights and declared able to perform the essential functions of the job as per the standards of the required physical; and the applicant is required to pass a drug screen.
- If the offer is accepted, Human Resources will schedule testing that includes a drug screen and, for some positions, a physical exam. For positions that have physical requirements, a functional test will also be administered.
- If the applicant passes the tests, the hiring authority will arrange a hire date.
The City of Alamo Heights is an Equal Opportunity Employer.