August 24, 2022
Effective Thursday, August 25th, the City of Alamo Heights has declared Stage 3 Water Restrictions. These are changes mandated by order of the Edwards Aquifer Authority.
Landscaping Watering (using automatic or manual irrigation systems) is permitted only once EVERY OTHER week between hours 7:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. The last number of your address determines what day you are able to water. You may water once during the week of August 29th and it is a non-watering week during the week of September 5th.
You may use drip irrigation, soaker hose, or bucket (5-gallon or less container) during any day of the week but only between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. A hand-held hose may be used any day of the week at any time.
Filling new pools is prohibited unless at least 30% of the water is obtained from a source other than the Edwards Aquifer. Refilling of existing pools is only allowed if the pool has been drained for repairs and at least 30% of the water is obtained from a source other than the Edwards Aquifer. Newly planted landscape. May qualify for a three‐week variance from the stage III one‐day‐every‐other‐week watering schedule.
All restrictions are still in place:
1. Wasting water is prohibited at all times. Do not allow water to run off into the street, drain or ditch. Repair all leaks.
2. Do not use water to wash an impervious outdoor ground covering such as a parking lot, driveway, street or sidewalk, unless for health or safety reasons.
3. Restaurants and other eating establishments are prohibited from serving water to customers except upon request of the customer.
4. At least 25% of all non-public swimming pools’ surface area must be covered with evaporation screens when not being utilized. Inflatable pool toys or floating devices may be used.
5. Washing of vehicles or other equipment at a residence is only allowed during their designated watering day. Water is not allowed to run into the street.
6. Charity car washes are prohibited except at commercial car wash that recycles at least 75% of the water it uses or that is certified as a conservation car wash.
7. Ornamental outdoor fountains are not to be utilized unless the water is recycled and the only additional water used is to compensate for loss due to evaporation.